Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fighting Allergy Season Naturally


Every year when fall comes around (and spring, and summer, for that matter), I start to get a little sniffly. It's not because I miss winter, but rather because it is that glorious time of year when things start blooming, or growing, or falling off plants, or starting to sprout, or...well, you get the picture. So, as you can guess, I'm not a big fan of my eight million allergies, and I finally decided to do something about it.

First off, I will say that I have been getting allergy shots for years, and they are definitely helping. I can now go outside during all twelve beautiful months. However, during many of those months, I still have to take that stuff that leaves me in a fog and makes the entire world look a little blurry around the edges (you've seen the commercials).

So, anyway, I decided to take on my allergies full bore this year, and I did some serious research. One thing I found out was that while no doctor will tell you that it is doing any good, just about every person you meet who has their allergies under control will tell you that they are taking omega 3 fish oil! Of course, it is possible that more and more people are taking omega 3 fish oil because it is good for your heart, your brain, your mental health and your immune system. These are all great things that make me really happy that omega 3 is getting so much positive publicity. But I want to add something to that list: Omega 3 fatty acids - and omega 3 fish oil - are great for treating your allergies.

As you know, your allergies are your body's reaction to something that bothers it. For example, say that you are allergic to dust. You get around dust, and your body pitches a fit. It gets irritated - literally. Your eyes may water; you are likely to cough or sneeze, and you may feel itchy or even experience some pain. Well, omega 3 fatty acids are nature's way of helping your body stay calm.

They are anti-inflammatory agents, which means that they prevent your body from reacting to things that normally might irritate it. As a result, you experience less uproar from your body and your allergies diminish in severity. So if you are experiencing serious allergy problems, ask your allergist about omega 3 fish oil. You could definitely be suffering a whole lot less.

Learn more about the health benefits of omega 3 fish oil at http://www.omega-3.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment