Thursday, July 18, 2013

Yeast Allergies - Allergy Shots for the Cure


A friend of mine is going to start receiving allergy shots next Wednesday, and before that he asked me if this will help a lot if he has severe allergies. His most potent allergy is from his cat that he loves so much, and there is no way for him getting arid of it. He also read that allergy shots do nothing for cat allergies, so now he is wondering why he is getting them in the first place. He takes Zyrtec every night and that helps a little, but he is very allergic to dust, molds, pollen, foods, chemical sensitivities, etc. He also wonders if these shots will feed the yeast.

I have been receiving allergy shots for about a year and they do help me, but it is only for my environmental allergies (dust, pollen, dog, cat, horse, etc), my food allergies (corn, dairy, and yeast). Still, I have to control it with my diet. But, your mileage may vary, so I would say go ahead and try the shots for a while and see how they affect you.

I also understand what he means about not getting rid of his pet. I found out I was allergic to dogs when I had 4 of them! I kept them, but with the shots and some other changes I made, I feel so much better. By the way, the biggest change I made was to get rid of all the carpet in my house. That is not only helped my allergy to dust, but also made it much easier to keep my house clean and free of dog dander.

No comments:

Post a Comment